Monday, February 27

more week 8

Super fun day with Megan!!

The poor little thing was sick on Tuesday and Wednesday, but felt well enough on Thursday to hang out with her old mother. :)  We ran a few errands first and then we met Alex at her apartment and followed her down to her mom's office.  After waiting an hour for Alex to find her way back from her parking place (hehe... not really an hour!) we went in and the girls submitted their paperwork/applications to sit for the nursing boards... woohoo!  A sign that the end is in sight!

almost done!!

Alex's mom, Carol, works there so she walked them through the process, and then we had lunch together at Caffe Daniela's.  Delish.  We had such a nice time!

I really like Alex's mom.  We discovered that we grew up about a mile apart in Upper Arlington... small world!  I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

After lunch, Megan and I shopped a little... not a lot of success (probably a good thing), but we had a blast!  Then we headed over to Mom & Dad's for a little visit.  Nurse Megan changed the dressing on Mom's hand (ew) and after visiting for awhile, we went to Noodles & Co. for dinner.
Dad was fixing drinks when we finished ordering, so I actually got to pay... that NEVER happens!  I was so excited!  Mom & Dad are incredibly generous like that, which is so nice, but I love it when I get a chance to treat them.

Mom & Dad were going condo shopping with their realtor on Friday, so I'm anxious to hear how that went.

After mentoring Friday night, Hubby and I played cards with Andy & Alex... always a blast.  After two games of euchre it was 1-1 (old folks vs. youngsters) and I suggested a rub match, but Andy was "too tired."  We all knew he was just afraid they'd lose.  Ha.  After they left, Hubby and I bowled.  Of course.  :)

Saturday we spent the day cleaning out The Lodge and getting the house ready to show.  The family that my friend Michelle referred to us came out to see the house... mom, dad, and 5 kids!  They were sweet and the kids LOVED the place, but we couldn't get a good read on the mom & dad.  We'll see.

I guess that's it for week 8.

Oh yeah... I decided that my commitment for Lent would be to catch up in reading the 365-Day Chronological Bible.  I just started on Feb 24, so I have 95 days of readings to complete in the 40 days of Lent.  Totally doable.  And I'm psyched to be reading the Chronological Bible... very cool "big picture" perspective.

Better go read.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...im friggin jealous. I can not WAIT to be home for good....80 days until I am a college graduate!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete