Friday, March 2

more week 9

I actually ran twice this week... yay for me!  Hope I survive my 8 mile long run on Saturday.  I'm slowly getting use to my new running shoes (or lack there of, I should say).  My foot muscles are a little achy, but I'm hopeful that will pass as I increase my running and walking.  Only 9 weeks until the Cap City Half Marathon!

I've decided to put a team together for the Columbus Marathon in October.
They announced that Nationwide Children's Hospital will be the beneficiary this year -- it's now The Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon --  so I'm going to do some fundraising and try to get involved with the Children's Champions.  I'm going to work on getting more info this weekend.  I think it'll be really fun... especially once we live over there.

Still no news on M&C's house... more waiting.  The family that came through our house last weekend decided to pass (not enough land), so we've contacted the Colyers and there should be a sign going up in our yard any day now.  Woohoo!

I took several Instagram pics this week, trying to catch up on my photo-a-day list for February.  I didn't so so well over the month (must improve that in March).  I think it kinda defeats the purpose if you do them all in one day. :)  Here are the few I took on Thursday.  I think I'll call it quits for the Feb list and move on to March.
blue (my mother's favorite color)
inside my bathroom cabinet (I know... what the heck?)
inside my closet (the actual closet is too messy to post, so you get the inside of the closet door.)
Sushi with Karen on Thursday... bummed to find out our fabulous restaurant.com coupons for Yamato aren't good anymore.  They said we can go online and exchange them, so we're trading them in for some yummy pizza place in Kettering that Karen found.  I like pizza better than sushi anyway, so it's all good.

No mentoring Friday night -- our friends are passing some cruddy illness around their family -- so we're hanging out with Teej and maybe A&A.  Storms are coming... great night to stay home.  Totally weird weather.  Did I mention that it was in the sixties this week?  I didn't think to capture the temp until evening, but here it is -- 60 degrees at 6:45pm IN FEBRUARY!!
Makes me a little nervous about what our spring and summer will be like.  Probably snow.

Dinner with Teej & Hubby at Los Mariachi's... ummmm... bean dip & guac.  Saw lots of fun people there -- Debbie, Stephanie & Alison Kelly... Suzanne & John Collins... Dan & Cheri Nelson (every Friday!)... and Curt, of course, stopped at two or three other tables to say hello to people that I didn't know.  I seriously think he knows about 80% of the people in Springfield.  Anyhow, always a fun time with my boys.

Ok, so it's 8pm on March 2 and it's almost sixty degrees!  What happened to the "plummeting temperatures" we were suppose to get?  And the storms?
Hope I didn't just jinx us.

No comments:

Post a Comment